How do I do the opposite of oiling?

More apartment problems.

So how can I do the opposite of oiling, between a nylon sleeve and a chrome plated steel sleeve or rod. .

My landlady's bathroom has a European style toilet seat, which has started coming apart.

The attachment mechanism consists of two 3/8" srrews that go into the standard holes in the porcelain, and bend 90^ toward the outside just above the toilet. The seat uses a fairly clever combination of an outer and inner sleeve (on both sides) to keep the seat in place normally, but allow it to be removed easily for cleaning and replacement.

The seat doesn't look as old as the apartment (1979) but it's not new either afaik and she has not realized it can be removed for cleaning. She doesn't always do it, but she likes cleaning, so when it sinks in how the seat works, it will be a day of happiness for her.

However, the inner sleeve on the right bolt has taken to sliding to the side by itself, and this disconnects the seat lid from the bolt.

If it were stuck I might oil it, but this is the opposite problem. How to make this metal against nylon sleeve stop sliding.

If I could, I would pinch the ciruclar sleeve so it was tighter against the bolt, but I don't think that will work. The nylon sleeve wont' stay pinched and the metal sleeve is too brittle

So how can I do t he opposite of oiling, between a nylon sleeve and a chrome plated steel sleeve or rod?

Reply to
Micky

Just a dab will do ya...peels off easy when you need to remove the seat.

DerbyDad03