Width to place driveon strips

Hi all, to get to my parking spot, I have to drive over a grassy verge. the grass didn't last long the previous owners dumped a load of roadstone (mot or chatter round 'ear) it now looks a right mess! I'd like to re turf it and cut out some strips for the wheels to drive over concrete strips instead. How wide is typical for these strips, i.e. to cope with different sized cars? width of each strip and distance between strips please!

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

Why not use those slabs which have a matrix of holes in the - and look a bit like waffles.

The grass will grow up through the holes so that you hardly see the slabs - but you *still* have a firm surface to drive over.

Reply to
Set Square

=================== A common practice is to lay two parallel rows of 2' (600mm) square paving slabs. Measure the front track of your car (centre to centre of tyres) and use this measurement to mark the distance from centre to centre of the rows of paving slabs. Your car probably has an average size track meaurement unless it's a particularly large or small car and this average should be suitable for most cars. If you lay the slabs into the surrounding grass you'll be able to mow over them with a hover mower.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Are green paving slabs available?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Possibly but you can get heavy plastic honeycombe like stuff that takes the weight of the car but doesn't deform and the grass can grow through it. Try screwfix?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Decorative slabs, yes - but I'm not sure about *proper* slabs, strong enough to drive a car over.

Reply to
Set Square