repair mains lead water pipe

Hi

can any body help me with repairing my mains water pipe, the wate board have identified that the leak is in my property and i want to di and try and temporarily repair the leak my self until such time i ca afford to replace the complete supply to my house which means rippin up the tiles in my kitchen to get access to the original stopcock.

Thank

-- cjiruk

Reply to
cjiruk

[...]

Clean the pipe a foot either side of the leak and around it pour concrete with a waterproofing additive. Leave the water turned off for a day.

Reply to
Rob Morley

ripping

For a termporay repair - (and yes I do mean temporary !) cut a strip of rubber sheet about 3" wide, wrap several layers round tightly, and fit jubilee clips on each end. If you fully open your jubilee clips before wrapping you will be ready to form them round the 'bandage' and screw them up. Inner tubes are a good source of sheet rubber. At a pinch heavy guage polythene will do but not as well as rubber.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You just reminded me of a "temporary" repair I made about six years ago

- the bit of old radiator hose and the clips from it seem to be holding up well :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley