Wickes Patio Seal-Beware

Having power washed the patio last week, I slapped 10 litres of this stuff down on our ancient, and very porous, slabs yesterday, but I have to say the smell *inside* the house overnight was very unpleasant indeed. "Contains white spirit" on the tin doesn't really convey the full horror of this stuff. The COSH data suggests it consists entirely of benzene, naptha, and xylene. Never again!

Reply to
stuart noble

Just as well you weren't expecting a candle lit dinner!

(And didn't know you could buy benzene these days - though it was commonplace in school labs once, where it smelt quite interesting...)

Spamlet

I can still smell it (just). I don't know how the fumes of these solvents behave, but it seemed like they just hung there like a mist.

Reply to
stuart noble