Loose/wobbly patio slabs

Hi all,

I have a patio that has been down for ten years. It is still in good nick, and is generally fine, but two of the slabs have become slightly loose, and wobble fractionally now if I stand on one side of them.

What's the recommended cure? I've just done a bit of research and seen some suggested bodges involving drilling into the surrounding pointing and inje cting expanding foam under the slab to stabilise it. A friend has suggested lifting the slab, using a few blobs of epoxy stuff to "glue" it back in pl ace and then repointing around it. What do you think?

Cheers,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

In message , Martin Pentreath writes

Lift, if it was on blobs of old mortar remove those, if it was on sand, remove some of that.

Bed down onto a bit of mortar and repoint

Reply to
Chris French

I bedded down quarry tiles on my front path with Gripfil. That was a couple of years ago, and fine so far

Reply to
stuart noble

, and is generally fine, but two of the slabs have become slightly loose, a nd wobble fractionally now if I stand on one side of them.

me suggested bodges involving drilling into the surrounding pointing and in jecting expanding foam under the slab to stabilise it. A friend has suggest ed lifting the slab, using a few blobs of epoxy stuff to "glue" it back in place and then repointing around it. What do you think?

I wouldnt do either of those. Lift it, level out the sand bed & replace.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think sooner or later they will crack if you do nothing, but both the methods mentioned seem to be very short term to me. Can you actually see underneath what is going on? Tree root or something similar? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

nerally fine, but two of the slabs have become slightly loose, and wobble fractionally now if I stand on one side of them.

ges involving drilling into the surrounding pointing and injecting expanding foam under the s

lab to stabilise it. A friend has suggested lifting the slab, using a few blobs of epoxy stuff

to "glue" it back in place and then repointing around it. What do you think?

My sister is a member of the Sheffield Weightwatcher Ladies Morris Dancing Group. They will come along and perform a sequence of traditional English dances on your patio for a small fee. This will bed down all the slabs.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright