Which tumble drier...?

How many loads a day do you do?

HLAH

Myself, mostly 2 loads a week, except when bedding, curtains etc, then theres an extra load. But with my working and being out of the house up to 14 hrs a day sometimes its impossible to know what the weathers doing when i am not home, and when I am home its usually raining, Like it was this morning here. Tracym

Reply to
Tracymidd

Even better, gives you a soft rain-water rinse.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

squandering

Really? I am the one who puts washing outside on a line to dry in the sunshine, thus saving myself money and helping the environment and you call

*me* an idiot? Please expand your theory as to why being concious of the Earth's resources is idiotic and why the OP is sensible for wanting to use a tumble dryer in warm dry weather. I am very interested to hear your ideas.
Reply to
fenwoman

squandering

I have a friend in Burnley and she has had lots of dry days. She runs a dog grooming slaon so has loads of towels to dry daily. It would cost her a fortune to use the dryer daily. Were you not able to buy yourself a length of washing line in the last place you lived? They only cost a few quid and I believe the pound shop even has them.

Reply to
fenwoman

"fenwoman" wrote

What even in the pouring rain? You're delusional my girl. It isn't always sunny you know.

Anyway it's dawned on me who you are - you're oldmolly aren't? I thought you'd FOAD long ago but I knew I'd seen that tone of gibberish before.

HLAH

Sorry - cannot give you a review site (Which? are crap anyway)...

Mine's a Bosch Logixx and it's about 6-7 years old and is working as well now as the day it replaced a piece of crap Hoover dryer. Occasionally (one per year or two) it benefits from a good clean out of the airways with a vacuum and a bottle brush. The sensor feature works and for a condensor it gets stuff pretty dry.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

7 floors up i dont think it would have worked for me some how, and the place before that i was 8 floors up..... MMMM i dont think washing line would work. and the communal areas below were a carpark that was all, no greenery to place a line or post etc. As it was a flat too, It didnt have enough space for a dryer, So I was using my Storage heating to dry things on a clothes Horse. Tracym
Reply to
Tracymidd

Just to add, I used to use my storage heating to dry stuff in my own place or take it to my Ex's to dry in the Dryer, Due to thieves and weather you couldnt use the line unless you were constantly At home. Tracym

Reply to
Tracymidd

If you really was a environmentally savvy person then why do you not wash your cloths with a wash board? so i will say the same to you why are you using your washing machine in the middle of summer?? :P

Reply to
Nice1

Tramp!

Reply to
Diablos Rojos

The message from "Diablos Rojos" contains these words:

Too right! Why d'yer think my friends call me Skipweasel?

The tumble drier drum had come adrift from its bearing spider at the back. Three small coachbolts and some nylocs and it's still going.

Reply to
Guy King

I think they do a free trial.

Get one with a sensor rather than a timer. That should save some money on running costs.

Bosch, Miele, and Zanussi usually have good products IME.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

When it rains I either wait for a dry day to do a load of washing or hang it indoors. Spending my hard come by cash on vast electricity bills is an absolute last option. I have a tumble dryer which I use mostly in winter and then only at night on the economy 7. To this end I also have a washing machine with a high spin speed to ensure that the length of time taken to tumble dry is a minimum.

FOAD?? you silly boy. Is that the worst you can think of? I never speak gibberish. I am clear and literate. I am happy to reason with people I disagree with. It's what grown ups do sweetie. You on the other hand can only fling insults, tell people to FOAD while offerring nothing constructive or sensible to the discussion.How very immature you are.

Reply to
fenwoman

"fenwoman" wrote

while

That's pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

Anyway where have you been for the last year? Jail? Asylum? Got evicted?

HLAH

The message from "HLAH" contains these words:

When it's raining (which in Slopshire is rather a lot) we hang washing on the rack in the stairwell. There's a 10" fan on the ceiling that blows along the row - dries a full load in about four hours.

Reply to
Guy King

Have you ever lived on the 16th floor of a tower block, if you put any sort of line up the council will take you to court or the locals will steal the washing?

Reply to
jaycee

A drier is a waste of time, space and money. Get a humidistaic dehumidifier and put that in the house, either in the closet or near it . Now, everything comes out of the washing machine, onto the hanger and into the closet. By morning its all dry.

Saves time, saves space, saves energy, saves hassle.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Andy Hall typed

A man after my own heart.

I bought a Miele washing machine for the same reason 5 yeas ago.

No trouble yet...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht