Where To Buy This Fastening ??

I retrieved this fastening from an old piece of furniture . The "socket" is about 11mm long and 10mm across with a coarse thread on the outside . It is fastened with a screw (bolt/setscrew??) just over 60mm long and about 5mm across. I would guess that a hole of the appropriate depth is drilled and the "socket" screwed in at the top . There isn't anything to show how it would be screwed in but I suppose a slot could be sawn across the top and a screwdriver used . Any idea what these are called and where I can buy them .? Stuart

Stuart

================== The same or similar can be found at:

Look for 'nut insert'

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I got some from B&Q. The top of the insert was shaped to take an Allen key. I recall that it was easier to insert square to the surface if I used a hexagonal bit in a screwdriver than using an l-shaped Allen key.

Dave

Reply to
Dave S