Where to buy this sort of toggle fastener for a horse rug?

I want to buy some replacement toggle fasteners like these:-

are for fastening a horse rug.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might get some (and similar things actually)?

Reply to
usenet

If you can't find the type in the photo, I'd make the receiving side out of stout wire but with a somewhat bigger loop than the ones shown and make the counterpart a peg, like on a duffle coat.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Army surplus store, the belts have a similiar hook-up

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Can you not use these instead?

Rob Morley

work form the web site.

Reply to
usenet

Any saddlers that does rug/saddle repair - look in your yellow pages.

Reply to
Grunff

Push one part into the other and they clip together, press the sides and they pop apart. Commonly used on the chinstrap of bike helmets, the top flaps of rucksacks, usually with a ladderlock adjustable strap on one side but you don't need to fit it like that.

Rob Morley

Ah, yes, my bike helmet is like that, thanks.

Assuming that they are 'weather proof' they might actually be quite good for use on horse rugs, I might get a couple and see how well they survive. They would be a lot easier to do up and undo on cold dark nights.

Reply to
usenet

The message from snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk contains these words:

You can get 'em in all sorts of sizes, too. Tiddly ones for 3/4" webbing up to big brutes for 2" or wider.

Reply to
Guy King