secondary Glazing

Have double glazing fitted but would like to know wear I can get Diy secondary glazing for my windows for extra noise damping and heat savings but can't find any info Thanks
"keith" wrote:

<http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=secondary+glazing&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
If the secondary glazing panels are large and of the lift-off type they are a bugger to remove for cleaning due to the weight. I have used the clear acrylic sheet type; they are lighter but easily scratched.

<http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=secondary+glazing&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB > If the secondary glazing panels are large and of the lift-off type they

But they won't work as well for sound insulation.

<http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=secondary+glazing&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
We used those for a time but couldn't get a good enough seal to prevent dirt and tiny (very tiny) insects getting into the void.
Mary

| |> "keith" wrote: |>> Have double glazing fitted but would like to know wear I can get Diy |>> secondary glazing for my windows for extra noise damping and heat savings |>> but can't find any info |>> Thanks |> |> <http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=secondary+glazing&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB |> |> If the secondary glazing panels are large and of the lift-off type they |> are a bugger to remove for cleaning due to the weight. I have used the |> clear acrylic sheet type; they are lighter but easily scratched. | |We used those for a time but couldn't get a good enough seal to prevent dirt |and tiny (very tiny) insects getting into the void.
Same here, we could not even get rid of the draughts. They are gone now replaced by sealed units with rubber seals to prevent draughts.
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk>
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
keith wrote:

B&Q?
Alex