Where to buy Fernox?

... Needs flushing, then one of the anti-corrosives.

(Not for any problem, it's just I have a shiny new tank and pump, and you should have seen the crud in the old pump!)

- F3 to clean it out?

- Which treatment?

Pretty old boiler, Glowworm fuelsaver F.

Local merchants all seem to want 25 quid a go, which isn't funny.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Just done the same thing - Screwfix are much cheaper, even if you have to pay ther postage

Charles F

Reply to
CJF

If it helps, and you're near Leeds/Bradford, I've got a spare 4 litres of Fernox MB-1 here that you can have for £15.

In message , Andy Champ writes

Whilst I'd also do my best to get it cheaper, in the scheme of things GBP25 isn't much compared to the potential costs of not using it.

Reply to
Si

Thanks, but I'm in Berkshire.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I see no point in wasting money. If the locals had it reasonably close to an on-line price they'd get my trade. They don't even have to match it, just get close - I understand that they have overheads, and provide a service, that internet traders don't.

Not buying it is not an option!

BTW - F1 or MB1?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Bought it in Ballcock and Bits in Bracknell. Close enough to an online price (15 quid-ish) to get my trade.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ