where to buy electric fire coals and LED effect

Hi

I want to update a rather naff electric fire which I got with the flat.

I need some red/orange glass (or plastic) 'chunks' for use as coals. All I can find online are imitation pebbles or black coals. Seems glass chunk coa ls fell out of popularity sometime in the 1970s :-(

Also an LED flicker flame effect to go under the coals and be powered by 24

0V. All I have at the moment is a lightbulb. There's no 'spinner' so I want something moving. The firebox effects sold for model railways are probabl y underwhelming in this application, and bigclive's RGB LED controller over kill.

The 'fire' doesn't get hot as all the heat is provided by a fan heater in t he canopy.

Thanks

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I want to update a rather naff electric fire which I got with the flat.

I need some red/orange glass (or plastic) 'chunks' for use as coals. All I can find online are imitation pebbles or black coals. Seems glass chunk coals fell out of popularity sometime in the 1970s :-(

Also an LED flicker flame effect to go under the coals and be powered by

240V. All I have at the moment is a lightbulb. There's no 'spinner' so I want something moving. The firebox effects sold for model railways are probably underwhelming in this application, and bigclive's RGB LED controller overkill.

The 'fire' doesn't get hot as all the heat is provided by a fan heater in the canopy.

Thanks

Somewhere or other I have have a large ish box of red/orange glass 'coals' removed from an equally naff heater from my late fathers house. If I can find them you're welcome to them for p+p. Can't help with the lighting as the heater was binned yonks back. Might a couple of flicker effect candle lamps do the job? Nick

Reply to
Nick

Ta. Have emailed you.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Owain could you email me what you found for this.

Reply to
cla