Gas Fire - open coals (

I have a Magiglo Open coals gas fire and the fire back and coals are looking a bit gray and tired (like me). What is available to rejuvenate the fire's appearance?

Reply to
John

Nothing, as this due to the flames burning process.

New coal and fireback.

Reply to
George

'Back to Black' spray?

Despite the name I am assuming this is a different product to that sold in Halfords for bumpers etc!)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Coal refurbishment paint, eg Black Magic brand. Maybe try

meow2222

For the fire back, black lead is what you need. It has been around for many years and is still a very effective rejuvenator. As a child I had the job of black leading my grandmother's hearth and oven.

You can buy it here:

this is what the finish looks like:
coals probably need replacing.

Reply to
Bruce

The fire back is some sort of asbestos-like material - moulded a bit fibrous.

Reply to
John

Please ignore my suggestions. ;-)

Reply to