Where to buy Coil springs...

I need just two or three coils springs. Appx 7/8 the inch dia and four inches length. I checked the 'net ; found lots of manufacturers - but no retailers. There has to be a store somewhere in the UK that sells springs by the oneses or twoses to Joe Public. Can anyone help out please? Thanks. John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

***
Reply to
jhewitt

*** Why not ask them for a sample of four springs that match your requirements?

Reply to
Gav

Tension or compression?

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

The message from snipped-for-privacy@arrakis.es contains these words:

You reckon?

Reply to
Guy King

You can buy boxes of assorted springs from Screwfix - such as

or
know one or two small private ironmongers who keep such boxes, and sell the contents individually - but you'd have to go in person rather than trying to get them by mail order.

Reply to
Roger Mills

***

================== That's quite a large spring so if all else fails you might consider a visit to a car breaker's yard to see if a valve spring will do.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

The message from "Roger Mills" contains these words:

Ah, there used to be an ironmongers in Otford who could sell you half or rusty nail-heads if you asked for 'em. Someone would have cut them off in the 1870s and they've had kept 'em in a jar somewhere.

Reply to
Guy King

Thank you for the info. Appreciate the help

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

***
Reply to
jhewitt

***

Could try Alberta Springs, 01473 - 311783, and they have a website. I had some made there for door locks.

Reply to
4square