What to do with full faulty can of foam :-)

It could also act as an instant fire extinguisher, turning a nice bonfire into a mass of smouldering foam.

But then, it might not.

Sounds pretty dangerous in any case (which I ought to mention, in case someone actually does this and blames uk.d-i-y for the results).

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

Youre on the right track, but you need a working can of foam to "get your'e own back" insert nozzle into recess along the front of all doors and give them a good squirt. Next morning laugh uncontrollably as said "target" cannot open doors for love nor money :-) Also equally destructive and costly is filling up the exhaust, this can cause enough back pressure to blow the head as it cant exhaust the gases.

Or so I'm told......... ;-)

Reply to
Staffbull

Unless you expect them to reverse out, you'd need to place the can in

*front* of the wheel?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

Stand it on its own and let it leak gently... in the morning you will have a sculpture worthy of Henry Moore.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Do you know anyone with a canoe?

Reply to
Matt

Well, I thought I'd come back with one suggestion as to what NOT to do with such a can, in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. Whatever you do, don't take it out in the garden and give it a whack with a nail at the end of a 6' pole to burst it.

Because it just occurs to me, what might happen is that a jet of liquid foam might just emerge heading 20 feet into the sky, spraying the stuff all over your shed and garden, and over next door's fence into their garden... and worse, consider if it happened to be quite windy at the time (like it was today, spookily e, you might find the wind could break up the jet at around rooftop level, causing the stuff to float to ground level like large globules of sticky yellow snow over a large area

- the house, garden, you, and next door. And then try explaining that little lot to the neighbour.

So no, don't do that. Just do what I did and stick the faulty can straight in the bin. You know it makes sense.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Sir, you have a vivid imagination ;-)

Right ho... perhaps we could have a new entry in the FAQ to go along with the canoe story?

Reply to
John Rumm

hehe. Or you could mass produce joke dog turds. Just hold the can up letting it dribble, and move it every so often. Dip in brown paint later. Really useful.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

How about a DIY sandstone garden..er..thingy?

Dig a pit in the garden - 2ft square should be enough. Dig a can shaped sub pit at the bottom and place can in it - then fill the whole lot with dry sand. Find a pointy steel thing and drive it straight down through the sand into the tin. The foam should mix nicely with the sand, and when cured should leave an 'unusual' sandstone object d'art. You should be able to cut the can away to leave a reasonably flat base.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

How about child's-name-written-in-joke-turd.

That ideal christmas gift for every small boy.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

you didn't ? did you ? hahahhaha and full respect if you did ;-)

got any footage :-)

Reply to
.

Would the council send the bill for cleaning the foam out of their wheelie bin wagon when it gets crushed?

Reply to
<me9

Actually sticking a hole in the can with a nail IS the right thing, except you don't use a pole and stab at it. Wearing gloves you gently skewer the nail into the can until a tiny hole opens up whereupon you place the can on a dusty surface away from anything else and watch with interest as over a cubic foot of foam comes into existence.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

What's the volume of a can of foam, expanded, and the volume of a wheelie bin wagon i.e. how many cans would be needed to cause a visible overflow?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I have a can here that says it yields 60x the can's contents. Allowing for marketspiel and other factors, a typical 750ml can should contain about half a litre of foam, at least. That makes 30 litres expanded. I've no ideas what the volume of a wheelie bin would be, but 15 empty

2 litre coke bottles would fill about a third of a bin, I reckon.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

I suppose the ideal would be your bin three quarters full of part A of a binary foam, and then dump part B in a neighbours bin! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

A standard wheelie bin is AFAIK 300 litres, but it was the wagon I was wondering about, as that's where the cans will be crushed :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

lol, make sure you've got the camera ready

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think this is one for one of those 'mythbuster' type programmes. I'd watch it!

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard