What theses symbols mean on microwave

DeLonghi

Reply to
ARW

It doesnt have a conventional heating element just `normal` microwave. The symbols could be a red herring but I want at least to try something before I bin it just in case I have hit a wrong button. As a comparison I screw up the tv if I attempt to watch it which maybe once a year, I havent a clue with flippin electronic controls. I just want on/off switches.

Reply to
ss

Thank you for saving me alot of time, I have exactly the same problem. Decided to bin it. Asda were also very unhelpful when I asked for help. My money will be going elsewhere from now on.

Reply to
poesprop777

+1, had the same experience. Googling found the solution though.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Most likely to be the magnatron fuse has blown, due to the high voltage it has to be large, and it's a very low value... few hundered milliamps, so a very thin fuse wire,

They break from fatigue quite often, usually easily enough to tell, if the glass of the fust is still clear and you can see the wire but with one end no longer atatched, that's whats happened, where as if the glass is black, then a fault blew the fuse,

ebay sell the magnatron fuses for a few quid, or you could call an engineer out to replace it for about 50 quid.

Reply to
Gazz

Actually most microwave ovens don't bother with a HV fuse. The transformer normally runs close to saturation, so a short circuit magnetron, HV diode or capacitor dosn't make a great deal of difference to the current drawn.

I suggested earlier in the thread (which my newsreader has lost) that the displayed icons might be the same under normal operation, and may be a red herring, and there is a fault in the HV generator.

Reply to
Graham.