What the 'kinelll?

Was that carpet very very very soft? I ask because the pile is so tall it conceals the skiring board.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Did you have a look at what was on the other end of the plastic pipe which enters from the right in the picture? At first glance this looks like a waste pipe from a wash hand basin. Certainly all the fixings look to be for a waste.

My suggestion (and I don't know which was fitted first - perhaps the radiator? Easier to do if the basin is fitted first, I think.).

Someone was 'plumbing' and couldn't be arsed to cut a second hole in the floor.

They therefore decided to share the hole between a waste pipe and a radiator feed. If you follow the white pipe down you might well find another 'T' joint bodged in a similar manner where the radiator feed and the waste part company. Quite ingenious if this is what happened.

[However, I just had a vision of the heating pipe going all the way outside before parting company with the waste as an ingenious way of stopping the waste pipe freezing up and blocking all the wash hand basins - an alternative to fixing all the dripping taps. Genius or madness, who can tell? ]

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Howz about he bleeds it, and the bleed nipple perishes, gets lost, the corroding metal about it cracks or pinholes, the nipple spindle shears off etc...

Then he's got a radiator to uncouple and drain ...

So a valid anti-double murphy's law prevention strategy.

Reply to
Adrian C

It's a cold-fill rad.

Reply to
Lino expert

Why? Most of the new piping on our CH system was done in plastic when we had the boiler replaced and moved.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Plumber (loose description) ran out of 90's so he bodged a 90 out of a tee. Done it meself. R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

There were plastic pipework systems in the early seventies. My parents piped their CH in 1972, using plastic microbore (12mm, 10mm and 8mm). It lasted for about thirty years, but became extremely brittle and has since been re-piped in copper.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

But not in 20mm ish overflow pipe?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's easy, just treat it as a normal rad, it has probably been T'eed off to another rad, whoever did it was not bothered about how it looked, just wanted an easy job, so didnt put it under the floor.

I've been in a bathroom all week.Bit of a swine. Plastic, copper and stainless piping. 15mm, 22mm, 3/4", 1/2" and probably 19mm plastic. The plastic needed a special adaptor 3/8 to 15mm, cost £18 for two adaptors.. I'm just about to try to mate up the 3/4"(ish) stainless pipe to the new copper 22mm. Then I've got the solvent welded sewer pipe to do battle with. There may be some foul language today! Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee