What is current best Silicone

Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve.

Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding using waterproof (Respatex panels).

Last time I did this I used 'Dow Corning 785' ... as it has very good adhesive qualities as well as usual seal/gap filling use.

Is there a product thought of as the current best of the bunch silicone around ? .......... or is 785 still as good as it gets?

Going to need it in clear and white.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Siroflex products seem OK IME.

Mapei - less so - I've had some fail behind the bathroom basin after 3 years.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve.

Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding using waterproof (Respatex panels).

Last time I did this I used 'Dow Corning 785' ... as it has very good adhesive qualities as well as usual seal/gap filling use.

Is there a product thought of as the current best of the bunch silicone around ? .......... or is 785 still as good as it gets?

Going to need it in clear and white.

CT1....

Nthkentman

Just to close the loop ... looked at alternatives, and decided to stick with previous good performer ... Dow Corning 785

However Dow have now upgraded this to 785+ with enhanced anti-bacterial properties .... now the good point, ScrewFix etc. ... have this on sale at £5.99 a tube

Wickes have it on sale at £3.32 ... a significant difference, to get this deal its 3 tubes or more, even without discount price is good at £3.69

Reply to
Rick Hughes