Waterproof spacer for shower door ?

Slight screw-up ... Built an alcove shower in an en-suite ... to fit an 800 x 1200 tray. As I was using waterproof (Respatex) panels, I built the walls to be a tight fit against sides of tray ..... which allowing for slight sloping of cast stone tray means distance between the 2 walls is 809mm.

The screw-up is that the Resaptex is outside of tray not overlapping tray, I fitted the same way I had fitted corner trays, it is only a problem in an alcove shower.

I purchased a somewhat expensive Merlyn bi-fold shower door, but that was some years ago - and not got round to finishing shower ... finally opened the box and find this only good for 780-790mm (800 nominal)... so I need some form of spacer to take up the 'gap'

I need something 60mm wide around 25mm thick (1850 long) and there are

2 key things, need to be waterproof .. and ideally not ugly ....

The shower is a bright sliver anodised trim finish ... but assume not going to find a silver finish. I did think about some form of solid nylon strip .... anybody any suggestions.

Have asked manufacturer - but no joy so far ...

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Use an aluminium extrusion, give it a good scrub with fine wire wool and im mediately after cleaning spray with a suitable lacquer for metal. Should no t be too dissimilar to your panels. The anodising process basically produce s a pitted surface in aluminium to accept dyes and lacquers into the surfac e the shiny appearance is normally due to a finishing coat of lacquer.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

some sort of UPVC D shape moulding from a building plastics firm? don;t know if they go to 25mm but maybe split to 2X 12.5mm one each side?

Jim K

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

hmmm .. maybe a hollow box section may be the answer .. thanks

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Merlyn are one of the more helpful shower companies, and they do extensions for most of their enclosures. They've custom made replacement panels for u s in a similar situation, and supplied missing parts for a shower we'd had in storage for a few years. It might work best to phone them in Ireland - 0

0353567791555. Otherwise are emai ls of 2 of the people who have helped us. A
Reply to
andrew

I did contact Merlyn .. they said no spares for this model. The wall channel is a U shaped profile, with an extended lip on the inside through which you screw to wall. They could offer a spacer that would add 20mm to U channel, but not the lip .... which would then become messy to fix to wall.

Reply to
Rick Hughes