Waterproof spacer for shower door ?

Slight screw-up ... Built an alcove shower in an en-suite ... to fit an 800 x 1200 tray. As I was using waterproof (Respatex) panels, I built the walls to be a tight fit against sides of tray ..... which allowing for slight sloping of cast stone tray means distance between the 2 walls is 809mm.
The screw-up is that the Resaptex is outside of tray not overlapping tray, I fitted the same way I had fitted corner trays, it is only a problem in an alcove shower.
I purchased a somewhat expensive Merlyn bi-fold shower door, but that was some years ago - and not got round to finishing shower ... finally opened the box and find this only good for 780-790mm (800 nominal)... so I need some form of spacer to take up the 'gap'
I need something 60mm wide around 25mm thick (1850 long) and there are 2 key things, need to be waterproof .. and ideally not ugly ....
The shower is a bright sliver anodised trim finish ... but assume not going to find a silver finish. I did think about some form of solid nylon strip .... anybody any suggestions.
Have asked manufacturer - but no joy so far ...

Use an aluminium extrusion, give it a good scrub with fine wire wool and im mediately after cleaning spray with a suitable lacquer for metal. Should no t be too dissimilar to your panels. The anodising process basically produce s a pitted surface in aluminium to accept dyes and lacquers into the surfac e the shiny appearance is normally due to a finishing coat of lacquer.
Richard
On 27/02/2014 19:47, Tricky Dicky wrote:

hmmm .. maybe a hollow box section may be the answer .. thanks

On Thursday, 27 February 2014 19:25:16 UTC, Rick Hughes wrote:

some sort of UPVC D shape moulding from a building plastics firm? don;t know if they go to 25mm but maybe split to 2X 12.5mm one each side?
Jim K
Jim K
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:25:16 PM UTC, Rick Hughes wrote:

Merlyn are one of the more helpful shower companies, and they do extensions for most of their enclosures. They've custom made replacement panels for u s in a similar situation, and supplied missing parts for a shower we'd had in storage for a few years. It might work best to phone them in Ireland - 0
ls of 2 of the people who have helped us.
On 02/03/2014 16:20, andrew wrote:

I did contact Merlyn .. they said no spares for this model. The wall channel is a U shaped profile, with an extended lip on the inside through which you screw to wall. They could offer a spacer that would add 20mm to U channel, but not the lip .... which would then become messy to fix to wall.