Shower enclosure - sizes etc

Want to swap out the enclosure we've currently got (which was there when house was built).

Measuring it - it seems a strange size - approx 730mm. I see standard sizes are 700 and 760.

However, I see that you can buy 30mm extension bits so I'm wondering if this is whats been done (there is a plastic bit against the wall before the door starts).

In terms of tray, the door/wall runs right to the edge but it looks like possibly the dray has been dug into the wall a little (thats Barratt for you so it could be a 760mm tray (its deffo bigger than 700).

Does this sound about right?

Unfortuantely, due to size of bathroom we're a little stuck with anything much bigger?

Reply to
paulfoel

On 23 Feb 2014, paulfoel grunted:

What dimension is that - the internal width of the enclosure itself? If so, given that tiles etc are usually fitted after (ie on top) of the shower tray I'd have thought that sounds like a 760mm tray?

What, extensions for tha tray itself? Haven't heard of that and can't imagine it working and beunbg waterproof?

I would say so, yes. When I fitted a shower tray in an existing alcove in our 1900s house I did something similar, in order to maximise the size of the shower enclosure.

Reply to
Lobster

It was probably put in place before the wall was rendered and tiled. This means it won't be easy to replace, a lot of the rendering and tiling may have to be removed.

Reply to
harryagain