what is corn bulb

Bad translation of grain of wheat bulb which a Led may be able to replace?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Asking in English would help but I guess you're asking about bulbs like this.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I think the reference is to a whole cob of corn - with each LED being a single ear. (OK - a bit sparse compared to the real thing!)

Reply to
polygonum

It is a stupid name Americans have given some LED bulb arrays that look a bit like corn on the cob if you don't look too hard at them. eg

I thought this post might have been about confused gardening. Posts about racoons in corn always get a frosty reception in u.r.g

Reply to
Martin Brown

No. A "corn bulb" is a "corn on the cob" which means the LEDs are arranged like the grains of maize on a corn cob. The are large bulbs intended to replace an incandescent.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Um, an ear of corn is a whole cob. I think you mean kernel.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Quite right. That was what I was thinking but not what I typed!

Reply to
polygonum

Reply to
173704976

In article , Steve Firth writes

I bought a couple of Chinese cheapies off ebay last year. Pretty bloody terrible, from quality of assembly to quality of light output.

The OP ("Victoria") is spamming "her" corn bulbs, but is so incompetent that "she" forgot to include a link.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson