what happens when gas runs out

What is an NCR? Nigh storage rads? If so, then say that.

Night storage rads are basically crap. They tend to be big and don't give out heat when you want it.

The only time electricity is viable for space heating is when the house is highly insulated. One current thread someone mentioned his friend did this and his heating system rarely comes on. Swedish insulation levels. In fact he is insulated to higher levels as we have a temperate climate.

Electricity tends to be "service" free, but not maintenance free. Things do go wrong. In a highly insulated house it may be worth having individual wall hung electric heaters that can be unplugged and replaced by the user to avoid maintenance bills. It is usually cheaper to replace than repair these days.

But!! Try selling a house with electric CH, even though it may be cheaper overall. Myths go for decades. Another myth is forced air too. "Much" superior to a rad system if well designed and fitted, but the stigma of the

1960s cheapo systems council blocks lives on.

One classic case was in Milton Keynes in the early 1990s, when one of the countries first heatingless eco houses in Energy Park went on sale. The dumbo estate agent dropped the price by £2 to 3K as it never had a heating system.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, well you have the answer.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh dear.

I am in agreement with this idiot. Perhaps he has learned a few things since he was IMM.

Night stores wake you up at night having made the room unbearably warm. So you open a window and try and arrange the bed to be a little less heat retentive. All while you are half asleep. Then you get up and open a few more windows and heat the planet until late morning when you can start closing them.

By mid afternoon you will have the windows closed on a cold day and by evening the time that most single occupants normally come in from work, you need to wrap up -as the storage has unstored its heat.

They are a monstrous waste of sleep, health, energy and space. If you need to block up all the ventilation in the home, you are going to be a sick puppy when the asian flu comes. And it will be here sooner or later.

Get your sinuses sorted out pdq if you want to survive. Plenty of fresh air, exercise, fresh food and balanced meals. And you could still be a gonner this time next year.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I usually do...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Their bollocks, preferably. If any of them have any.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And it still didn't sell because of the location.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Storing heat at one point of the day if energy is cheap then and releasing it when it's needed later on isn't rocket science. That most electrical storage heaters didn't do this is because they were cheap and nasty.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Seems the problem is the ships wont have a catapult but just a ski slope thing so weight is a problem. Maybe they'll buy he French naval plane:

Reply to
marble

That was Richard's first and only venture into estate agentsism

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

God help us ! Perhaps we should get the Chinese to tender a quote for this, since we no longer have the ability to manufacture anything in this country.

-
Reply to
Mark

In message , Guy King writes

Trees. Which have the additional benefit of removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

So - you're suggesting we hang them up by their bollocks from their bollocks? Hmmm, it's got a nice evil twist to it but I'm not sure of the practicalities.

Reply to
Guy King

That comment might make more sense if you explained who 'Richard' was and what 'agentsism' was. I'm sure you can find a website to quote which will help you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Guy King wrote

And doing it themselves to boot!

I would like to see that. Any chance?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

But designing one that doesn't take up more room than the inhabitant is rocket science. Making it work efficiently is brain surgery.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The message from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

They way slipperyTone is going....

Reply to
Guy King

Oh a fool says something. What does he say?....

Another new recruit to the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association. He should get on well with the senile one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks to Thatcher and her small minded Little Middle England mentality.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel