What does this mean?

Bloody hell she's not old enough to go to nursery school, how the bloody hell did you get her washing dishes?

Bet she breaks loads.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I thought you were going to say it took you somewhere *completely* different.

It is a fairly well known word in the foundry and workshop context, but I think it is best known in the North of England.

Reply to
newshound

+1
Reply to
newshound

TheChief a écrit :

In my experience, as much and maybe more agro. They say they want it, then that is the last you hear from them. There is slightly more commitment where some money is involved.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Dahrn sarth the young fillies are always in fine fettle when the season opens

Its always meant trimmed up for action, and it only acquired its metalworking connotations during the industrial revolution.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I suppose they could have said "tromboning" - but if you look that up you'll find some "interesting" definitions!

Reply to
Roger Mills

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 09:22:35 +0100, tim... wro= te:

I like people like you, that's why I've got a 6 month old dishwasher, tw= o perfectly working inkjet printers, several brass lights, a ceiling fan= , a washing machine, a few pieces of furniture, and countless other thin= gs that would have cost me up to =A350 each 2nd hand.

-- =

FART stands for FAst Repetitive Ticks, and herrings use them to communic= ate.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 09:22:35 +0100, tim... wro= te:

I like people like you, that's why I've got a 6 month old dishwasher, tw= o perfectly working inkjet printers, several brass lights, a ceiling fan= , a washing machine, a few pieces of furniture, and countless other thin= gs that would have cost me up to =A350 each 2nd hand.

-- =

FART stands for FAst Repetitive Ticks, and herrings use them to communic= ate.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Simple, I lined the kitchen with soft cushions.

What surprises me is that in the 21st century we're still using breakable pots.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

What is a/l?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I'm half northerner by blood, I'd heard the word before but forgotten its meaning.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Women trouble, Adam?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

It's probably not common enough.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I'd call that untelescoping, or better yet something like compressing.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Perhaps he means a/t (clue: a over t).

Reply to