What adhesive for skirting?

As per title, what kind of adhesive should I use to stick MDF skirting to plaster?

Cheers

Reply to
lister

Gripfill. If you have exposed floorboards you can screw pieces of 2 by 2 timber about

2" from the skirting. Then you make up a pair of folding wedges (ie., two wedges) to go between the skirting and the piece of 2 by 2. This will force the skirting to the wall whilst the adhesive sets.

mark

Reply to
mark

I used:

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=77942and this worked very well. Being solvent free, it didn't stink the house out with fumes!

Steve

Reply to
SteveE

Good idea that - filed away for next time! David

Reply to
Lobster

When I was doing our master bathroom, I stuck them on with silicone mastic, 'cos that's what the gun had in it, the Pinkgrip I'd bought months previously had gone "off" (I assume the solvent evaporates slowly even through a sealed tube - both tubes had gone rock solid) and ICBA to go out and get some more.

A year later it still seems to be OK!

Reply to
Huge

Evostick Nail and Seal. It doesn't smell, it grabs well and doesn't come off easily.

Reply to
Steve Firth