Well that was annoying..

Firefox latest upgrade.

Duly installed but failed.

System restore got things back to normal. Anyone else. W7 pro

Reply to
Tim Lamb

works OK on Linux - 63.0.3...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What Firefox versions are we talking about here?

I've got 63.0.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium, but Firefox nags me to upgrade to 64.0.

Reply to
Max Demian

W10 and I have just run the Firefox update, it came back up, complete with the sites opened just prior to the update - it seems absolutely fine so far.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

63.0.3 or 64.0?
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh!

It is possible I tried to open it before the new version was fully loaded.

Version 64 32 bit. Seems OK now.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

63.0.3 here on Win10 Pro, though 64.0 was released yesterday and is likely only being 'trickled' out to users
Reply to
Andy Burns

What was so broken then you needed to even try system restore OOI?

Yeah, it happened on my mates W7 <summat> and I just downloaded and installed the latest FF manually and all was well?

Not had any such issues myself across several machines (some W7). Still on 52.9.0 on this XP box. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

Something like *failure to open XP 30*

OK now. Might have been user error:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yup, very similar to the error I saw on my mates system.

No, I don't think so, after all, a 'self update' is just that (and generally 'hands off')?

I looked into the issue for some time then 'just' re-installed FF over the top and it was fine from then on.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just fired up the Win7 machine that shares with this one. Firefox said installing updates - and works OK. But it's Win7 Home.

Laptop has Win7 Pro - but didn't install a Firefox update when I used it earlier today.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just updated to 64 from 63.0.1, took about 30 secs. macOS 10.13.6.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Which one was it? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I keep waterfox active as my default as sadly Firefox since Quantum has been very hit and miss. Not good enough in my view. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

OK on the face of it 64 looks OK, its still go not sound though, something I'd like to see put in now we cannot run the sounds add in, as its a real menace knowing when downloads complete in the background without the noise. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, it came up with its usual info page open, and I had to move tabs to see the pages etc. I tend to suspect Firefox more though. especially on windows 7 and if you are using a 32 bit version, all bets are off its crap, but the 64 bit one works better. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Both work well and beware the 32 bit versions, there are known issues on 64 bit windows 7. I was complaining till I realised this was the problem. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If you have a 64 bit machine. There have been long running issues with th32 bit version running in the 64 bit environment. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message <purhrs$epg$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

64

OK now. It is possible I tried to open it while the new version was loading.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Max Demian used his keyboard to write :

It just updated to V64.0 64 bit..