weird goings on in this group

half my posts aren't appearing - I've made several replies over the past week or two and aout half of them don't appear. Also, I've noticed threads getting mixed up somewhere along the line, replies obviously from other threads appearing in different threads, that is to say, there's one in the 'laminate floor access' thread by 'Owain' which I can't imagine has anything to do with laminate flooring as it concerns using car body filler to stick down a steel box into a concrete floor......somehow answers are going into other threads, yet the headers look correct.

Is anyone else noticing this? - yes I have reset the local file and compacted the group, along with other regular PC maintenance

Reply to
Phil L

Ive noticed this but it only happens on my XP laptop, which I initially thought was to blame. If you are also getting this it must be down to Virgin, Are you ex BY or NTL just curious as to which server you are hitting. Ps if you hit reply to post the correct text is shown?

-
Reply to
Mark

news-text

I'm ex BY

Yes the correct header title appears, but I've noticed weird replies in other threads which obviously belong in completely different threads, but bear the 'correct' subject header.

Reply to
Phil L

Yes, I've noticed that. Forget your regular PC Maintenance. I've found the answer.

Luckily, I recently purchased a 15 metre roll of Tesco Kitchen Foil (Extra Wide). I've discovered that if you wrap enough of this around your head (shiney side out) all your posts get through. In addition, all those voices, coming out with all those stupid suggestions, they stop too.

Agatha

Reply to
Agatha GrimshawMaverick

I did see a couple of your "can you hear me mother?" posts a few days ago ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Hmm I use news.ntl on the Windows Laptop ill let you try and convince Ian Hagon that this is a "their end" fault virginmedia.support.usenet

-

-

Reply to
Mark

Have you tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing? Sounds like article IDs are getting confused.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes. The posts on this server have been vanishing or not appearing for a week. I raised it but of course no one else had had any trouble, so i pushed off.

Reply to
EricP

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Phil L" saying something like:

That's because of the TwatFilter.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon