What is solvent free silicone?

The instructions for a panel I need to glue say use a solvent free silicon. I don't know how you tell if its solvent free.

Reply to
dennis

They might mean a natural cure one - i.e. that does not produce acetic acid on curing.

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't know if they're silicone specifically, but many adhesives and sealants seem to be available in both normal and solvent-free variants. I used one to stick a load of polystyrene to my shed roof as insulation

- made sure I got the solvent-free version as I suspect the normal kind would have melted the polystyrene.

As for how you tell, the solvent-free ones have a special giveaway code written on the tube - it says "solvent free".

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

This, for example