Laminate Flooring - Which type?

Hi,
I am getting some laminate flooring laid in a room fairly busy through traffic - an as the traffic is a couple of boys I need something a biy robust.
I have shortlisted 2 types of laminate flooring: - Quick-Step Uniclic (http://www.quick-step.com/europe/uk/en / widest_range.aspx) - Timberjacks (http://topclasscarpentry.co.uk/category/Timberjack %20Professional%20V%20Groove%20Laminate%20Flooring/)
Has anyone any experience of these? How do they compare against each other.
Thanks, Liam
On 15/04/2008 07:58 Liam wrote:

We've got Uniclic (http://www.quick-step.com/europe/uk/en/floor/401102.aspx ) and are happy with it. I've got no experience of the Timberjacks.
You should be aware that you will shortly receive a number of replies telling you how laminate flooring is the spawn of the devil etc etc... It happens every time laminate flooring is mentioned. Brace yourself!

"F" wrote

I have some myself but wouldn't recommend it for upstairs rooms, or if you have adjoining neighbours whose friendship/consideration you value.
Phil

I would be interested in why people laminate flooring is so hated? I have heard that laminate flooring is getting much better.
Liam wrote: <snip>

Perfectly reasonable question. My first answer is noise. With laminate (or other hard surface) the reflected noise can easily become unbearable. I feel that old-style (thick) wooden flooring (e.g. Victorian or earlier floor boards) is better. And carpet (of any sort) better still. Together with the odd noises that can come from poorly-laid laminate - you have sufficient reason.
I accept, however, that it can be very effective in appropriate places.
--
Rod

Rod wrote:

We had laminate floor installed 7 years ago. There is no sign of wear on the floor, even though it is "tracked" constantly. To be honest that is its sole plus. If anything is dropped on it it sounds as though a bomb has gone off. As it is a photograph of wood, though at first glance it looks like wood, it is too regular to look aesthetically pleasing.