Laminate Flooring;decent makes?

I am hoping to get a small (3.66m x 2.57m or 12` x 8`5") back bedroom floor laminated as the current exposed floorboards are old and very dirty, further mess with sanding is not an option, nor do I want to carpet it, for a change! I have been looking at the various choices on the Floors 2 Go site. The Fast Step and Quick Step options look to have a good range, and are guaranteed for 15 years.One of the Quick Step choices is also 9.5mm thick. Can I have any advice, please, on making a choice of flooring , and whether these `click` types are ok? I plan to use the room as a spare room / Computer room, so there will be SOME regular use on the floor, but not too heavy, I should think

TIA

Reply to
Carolyn

to have a good

also 9.5mm thick.

whether these `click`

SOME regular use

If you are going to use it as a computer room, beware the chair! The continued use of a 5-wheel office chair on my laminate flooring ruined the surface finish (much like cleaning with an abrasive cleaner would). Get a small rug or something to go under the chair.

Laminate flooring isn't awfully good in terms of battering and scratching but it's cheap and cheerful and looks OK of you don't batter it. The click types now should be fine.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

to have a good

also 9.5mm thick.

whether these `click`

I did a LOT of looking around for flooring .... used engineered flooring on ground floor, and on 1st floor wanted laminate.

I settled on 2 suppliers ...... Uni-Click Quickstep 800, and I found a good on line supplier at :

you want details on the floor it can be found on ...
also have inst. instructions, and very helpful is the video you can download ... but unless you have broadband be warned it's a big file (250mb) but it is worth watching to follow the procedure - especially the start.

I used the 800 Elegance as I like the edge grooving and multiple size pieces - looks very much like a real wood floor - you cannot see any pattern repeat.

I don't really see the need for the 900 range as the only benefit is the extra thickness ... finish and longevity is the same as 800.

They will also give you 5% off their web site price if you ask ... as they offer a deal of 55 off Khars and will give same deal of Uniclic.

The other supplier is FLOORCO They do a huge range, including a natural wood veneer laminate ......... so you get all the benefits of wood .... grain variance etc., and the thin click together construction of laminate ( which I wanted due to underfloor heating) The product has a ceramic lacquer and is VERY hard and is used in commercial premises.

FLOORCO are at

69-71 Washbrook Rd Rushden NN10 6UR 01933 418899

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Thanks Rick, thats just the info I needed! Those sites are a great help in choosing, etc. Ta again

Reply to
Carolyn

to have a good

also 9.5mm thick.