Weedkiller on block paving

Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't want to damage the blocks.

TIA

I have used sodium chlorate on my block paving for several years and it has not affected the blocks.

It does not clear moss very well and I use a separate moss killer for this.

Reply to
chudford

There is no problem using any weedkiller on block paving, except that SC doesn't work.

Roundup is what you need - around £4.50 for a litre of ready mixed stuff in a spray gun and an hours work instead of 5 minutes, but it kills the roots, whereas almost all other weedkillers kill the tops only.

SC is supposed to make the ground unplantable, but the last house I had had a large paved area at the back and the horsetails and dandelions used to thrive on the stuff.

Reply to
Phil L

Weird, it's worked well for me in the past.