Weed proof matting alternative?

I bought somne weed proof matting. Fifteen quid for fifteen metres!

I have used a good alternative in the past which is sliced up builders jumbo bags, but I don't have any right now.

does anybody know of an alternative material that can be used which doesn't cost £1 per metre. I need about 20sqm

Neal

Reply to
Neal Jones

Old newspapers

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Sliced up builders' jumbo bags fall apart after about 12 months in the sunshine (mine just did, spraying bits of plastic all over mine and the neighbours' gardens). Which is why weed proof matting is £1 per metre!

Anything you use has got to be proof against UV damage if it's going to stay there for more than a few months.

Andrew L.

Reply to
Andrew L.

In message , Neal Jones writes

Terram white works out at 70p/m2 if you buy a Mini-Pak of 11.1mx4.5m

Given that it's going to be there for quite a few years I can't see that GBP1/m2 is such a bad price anyway.

Reply to
me

Maybe I'm just too darn tight :-) I'll amortise the £30 (2 rolls) over ten years in my mind... I feel better already.

Cheers NUJ

Reply to
Neal Jones

(mine just did,

weed proof

for more than a

Unless you stick a 'biodegradable' sticker on it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling