We have a new Dick Head of the Met Police chief

Is that true. Are you sure the police had no idea who hw was.

Most people arenlt the police .

So the police just followed a randon person ...

Reply to
whisky-dave

yes they did

IIRC the reason that they followed him was because he came out of a property that they were watching because a know target was resident there.

But it was a shared property and the person that they followed had no connection at all with the person that they were watching, possibly not even knowing his name. (I'm sure that we have all lived in such properties at some point in our lives - I certainly have) . They should have challenged him in a safe open location to establish who he was and whether he had a connection.

instead of which they assumed, on no evidence at all, that he was connected, assumed that his backpack contained as bomb and let him go so that they could "catch" some of his (as it happens, non existent) accomplices.

and then panicked when he went into a packed tube station.

so I repeat

Yes they did follow a random individual and assume that he WAS a terrorist

It really could be you next time

tim

Reply to
tim...

no they didn;t they didnlt follow me or anyone else it seems.

So they must have know who the target was and most likely couldnlt find out who he was.

No there;ds a suprise next yuo'll be telling me that pepole that hire cars don;t use them for commiting crimes or they use their own car.

Me too, and that made me look more suspicous than those registared to be there. That's how it works isn't it. Maybe that's why they can't count the number of illegal immigrants because they don;t know who they are so can be considered not to exist.

Easy to say now. So why didn't they do that with those that caused 7/7 or 9/11

for that they would have had to know who he was.

who is the 'they' ?

or a terrorst like Ronald Fiddler.

Reply to
whisky-dave

...and this is why I argue for having some method of IDing people.

It is not only to do with catching terrorists - although it is often suggested that the lack of any reliable mean of determining an illegal resident ID in this country is a real incentive for many undesirables to be based here. These people are always attracted to "soft spots" where they can operate undisturbed.

I personally have nothing to hide, and have no problem carrying a card proving who I am and producing it if/when asked to do so.

Reply to
JoeJoe

JoeJoe posted

What good what it would have done if de Menezes had been carrying an ID Card? They didn't ask him for one, they just blew his head off.

You do it then.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

JoeJoe posted

What's the URL of the webcam in your bathroom?

Reply to
Huge

With 300,000 immigrants entering the country per year (and these are only the legal ones) you will want them as well too sooner rather than later...

Reply to
JoeJoe

I wouldn't either provided identity theft was impossible.

Reply to
whisky-dave