WC Seat Fixing

Noticed daughter's toilet seat was loose.

Tried to reach the usual wing-nuts but it is one of those stylich bogs with a sort of skirt that almost goes alls the way back to the wall to make it all look nice.

On the top the "hinges" are bent arms that go into the seat. They emerge from a circular disc.

I was just wondering - before I make an offer to fix it - is there a way of tighening this sort without major work?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Sounds like the ones I have just tightened up on the snagging list at some apartments. If so the "disc" just pops up with the use of a flat screwdriver etc and on the ones I fixed then an Allen key was needed to tighten the seat. It is obvious when you have "popped the disc" IFKWIM.

Reply to
ARW

It may not be wing nuts.

On my close coupled toilet seat is held on with toggle fixings and all tightened up from the top. Similar to

On mine, the vertical part of the the bent arm is held on with a screw (remove using a hex/allen key). The seat assembly then then removed vertically. Pop off the chrome disks to reveal the screw head.

Reply to
alan_m

Instructions for my seat

alan_m

My browser reports that that site contains nasty malware!

Reply to
Davey

Then use it at your own risk.

It's my Zen Internet customer web page where the code for the page is very basic and consists of 15 lines of plain text lines - no scripts etc.- and two bitmap images which I scanned myself 30 minutes ago. There are no third party links or advertising.

Reply to
alan_m

The Natural Philosopher wrote in news:n5m3u7$kr$1 @news.albasani.net:

Many thanks

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Or not, my choice.

The reported problem:

"Firefox contains built-in Phishing and Malware Protection to help keep you safe online. These features will warn you when a page you visit has been reported as a Web Forgery of a legitimate site (sometimes called ?phishing? pages), as a source of Unwanted Software or as a n Attack Site designed to harm your computer (otherwise known as malware). This feature also warns you if you download files that are detected as malware."

There is a lot more description, but that is the heading. What exactly it didn't like, I have no idea.

I see that TNP has adapted the page, so that there is no such warning.

Reply to
Davey

1) no DOCTYPE, put:

at the start of your html file

2) no indication of the charset, put this right after your :

Some people might complain about using obsolete stuff like but since all browsers will continue to support that from now til doomsday it doesn't matter too much.

Reply to
Tim Streater

center is obsolete? what has replaced it?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher posted

On my Firefox browser the page shows nothing more than two large solid black boxes on a bright blue background. The pictures do not show at all. Moreover the source contains a style sheet delaration that is not present in TNP's code above.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

Your friend is either lying or incompetent.

As you're so keen on dishing out lessons perhaps one you might care to take heed of yourself, is to take nothing on trust.

A second might be to use a browser which allows you to view source code for yourself

The actual code

The actual code

remainder of code

toilet seat fixing

body { background-color: #00FFFF; } div.c1 {text-align: center}

Reply to
Jim

That was not what was there when I used firefox to dump the source

I suspect the owner has updated it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which friend is that?

Since I didn't see the original link I went by what was posted. And since any recent browser is html5 compliant, the html doctype, which is what I posted, is perfectly sufficient.

A doctype:

1) tells the browser to operate in standards rather than quirks mode

2) can be taken as a hint to any validator as to what html you intended to use. It can then validate against that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes but watch out for the el cheapo onesthat use plastic studs or bolts aas over tightening just strips the threads. I'll never know hy they use this stuff. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff