waterproof Junction Box

Just replaced my Halogen Floodlight with a LED one from Screwfix. I opted for one without a lead.

However the cables to the Halogen one were two "single and Earth" cables that came through the wall and these are not a good fit into the gland.

I will have to mount a suitable waterproof JB and fit a flex into the lamp.

Any suggestions for a neat and suitable box that will neatly accomodate the cables and a flex.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Wiska boxes are generally OK for jobs like this and have 20mm threaded entries with a pierceable membrane - bottom entry can be done without a gland if strain relief is not required.

Or any waterproof box (google TLC) and fit appropriate glands (Pratley glands exist for flat T+E cable)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is the gland at the bottom of the light?

Reply to
ARW

ARW wrote in news:ZGLkA.564790$ snipped-for-privacy@fx44.am:

Out of the back - and pointing upwards as the lamp is angled downwards.

It was downwards on the original Halogen light.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

:-(

But pretty much all IP rated boxes are the same.

I do like these, however when I fit them and only use two entry points and fit the box so that the entry points are at sort of 4 and 8 o'clock (IYSWIM)

And I fit a drain hole.

Reply to
ARW

DOH. Forgot the link