Water tank removal from loft - Osmaglass

I have an Osma 40 gallon Water Storage Cistern (tank) in the loft. It is unused, not connected to the water supply and empty.

My loft entrance is too small to get the tank out. Is it safe to saw up the tank into manageable chunks for removal? It is made of "Osmaglass".

What type of cutting tool would be best for the job?

Thanks

Jonathan

Reply to
lordculver

A handsaw (e.g. plasterboard saw) probably makes the most sense as opposed to a power saw which will create a fair bit of dust.

It won't be hard to cut.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A hand saw should suffice. Might be an idea to spray or brush water on the cut to keep the dust down and wear a mask.

Reply to
Dave Baker

I'm assuming that you NEED to remove the tank from the loft? A hard point (cheap and disposable) hand saw should make quick work of it, although it will be blunt at the end of the job.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

here:

hardpoint saw cut through the tank like a hot knife through butter. Easy.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
lordculver