Water draining back into dishwasher

There's often a puddle of water - a bit more than one would normally expect - left in the bottom of our dishwasher after each cycle.
I think it is draining back in from the pipe, and that the drain motor doesn't manage to get enough of it over the bend at the end of the cycle (the pipe is quite stretched).
I don't see how re-routing the pipe is really going to change this. Is it possible to get a non-return drain valve?
Thanks,
Daniele
On 05 Sep 2015, snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) grunted:

You can certainly get them (or at least, used to) as I had one fitted in my last house which I left about 20 years ago - I can't quite remember the pipe configuration or why the valve was there.
--
David

D.M. Procida wrote:

If it's the original hose supplied (rather than a longer one you fitted) I'd be inclined to experiment first by letting the dishwasher pump into a bucket at the right height but with the hose not stretched so much.
You might also get advice (and on your specific model at that) from the dishwasher forum at http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk (I've no other connection with them other than having had good advice in the past on how to repair white goods and on the right spares to buy.)
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid
On Sunday, 6 September 2015 10:37:23 UTC+1, Robin wrote:

I had a related probleem with the dishwasher not rinsing properly. It tur ned out the waste pipe was blocked several metres further down the line and the WD was pumping out OK but the water was then sored in the sink waste p ipe. It then ran back into the DW when the pump stopped.
Testing with a bucket (as Robin suggested) is a good idea.
Robert