Washing machine recommendations please

What's wrong with the Exxcel? AFAIK the only difference is in the features.

Reply to
Mark

Mark wibbled on Tuesday 15 December 2009 09:25

Cheap end of the range, not made in Germany (Only the Logixx is AFAIK) and built much more to a price. Bosch Green vs Bosch Blue.

Reply to
Tim W

My Bosch machine is not in the logixx range and it's well made and claims it's built in germany. It's a few years old though.

Reply to
Mark

Like space flight is useless. It only gave us Teflon. And weather forecasts, comm. sats, and cheap small computers.

Or Biology. That funny research into this odd useless stuff in the middle of cells. That turned out to be DNA, and I'm sure even you know what that is for.

Or the Physics that gave us tunnelling diodes and a good understanding of quantum effects. That let us build chips to the scale they are - and even wind farms use computer controls these days.

Oh hang on, you're at UCL. Why am I telling you?

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Champ

That was the same conclusion I came to 18 months ago when looking for a new washing machine and a tumble dryer. Couldn't really afford Miele for both, but after doing a fair amount of research the Siemens seemed like a good compromise. IIRC it was the only one with a 5 year warranty at the time.

Michael

Reply to
Michael D

Check the small print on the warranty. Many are not worth the paper they're (not) printed on.

You may find the 5 year warranty only covers the parts and not labour. You may find that it only covers some of the parts and not all. You may find that does not apply if they think it's not worth repairing. etc.......

Reply to
Mark