Washing machine pumping distance

How far is a washing machine able to pump?? Rather than just go vertical from the pump to the typical outlet pipe behind the machine, I would like to go a couple of meters horizontally and then vertically to the outlet pipe. Any views??

TVMIA

Reply to
CS

Can't the drain be extended a couple of meters towards the washing m/c?

Reply to
1501

As far as I know the washing machine pump will lift water the 0.5 or so metres up. It is the lifting ability of a pump that is important how far horizontal it is won't matter on the small distance you are going.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

Most will lift more than that but they all vary. Best to look in the book of words for the given machine. That will detail the maximum lift and horizontal runs.

Ish, the horizontal section still needs to drain fully and preferably not back into the machine. If it doesn't drain fully all the fluff and powder filler will settle out and block the pipe.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice