Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

They seem to have a good rep ...

Ok .. and a part I probably try to hard to fix (too complex).

Like you do ;-)

Ok, well if you would mind emailing me I could send one to you directly (I don't have posting page / blog / Facebook nonsense) ;-)

Well you are very kind, thanks.

I think the first step then (as it seems an exchange motor might be unlikely) could be to take this one to bits and see what I find.

All the best and thanks again ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ok ..

The 'pulley' on this one is just a slightly enlarged 'nose' on the motor spindle, probably 20mm diameter?

I've done a bit of that this morning but there doesn't seem to be a wealth of that model or it's counterparts about. I think it comes from an era when an AEG Model X was about the only version they made and everything else was different? Now with most models of everything made by just a few big manufacturers there is a lot of cross usage hence compatibility?

Understood and what I found with the Zanussi tumble dryer:

Part 1234, "Also fits "

I think I'd go for that. The last time I fixed this machine (bearings / seal) we had a very local and very old-school domestic appliance shop where you could rummage through wooden draws with him till you found something that looked right. Now it's more "the computer says no" :-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Reply to works if you change lycos to yahoo.

Reply to
<me9

Cheers, thanks.

I'll send a couple of pics off now ..