washing machine feed pipe taps

Anyone know where i can buy the red and blue plastic taps that fit on the washing machine filler pipe valves ? as all i can find is the whole valves, not just the plastic taps. Because i'm buggered if i'm going to drain the system just to change the plastic tap.

Cheers :)

Reply to
Tone

Don't know but most valves come with both blue and red taps. Why not get one valve with similar taps and just use the taps? K.

Reply to
Kevin Webb

It looks like my only option, thanks.

By the way do you know which are the best washer/driers in the uk ? is it Miele Bosh or Siemens or are they all ok ?

Once again thanks. ;)

Reply to
Tone

FWIW, most modern washing machines are cold fill only - they use so little water it wouldn't run hot in time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

unless....

I was making some minor changes that involved removing and replacing the maching machine taps. First wash the washing ends up really hot after the rinse and spin. SWMBO thought the machine was on fire. Years before, yes only myself to blame, I must have reversed the pipes, though I was usually careful about that as reversing the hot/cold convention is really a pro plumbers trick.

Alan

Reply to
Alan James

You mean the plastic handles to the taps? I'll sell you some for £1 each ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles