washer position

Hi I had to replace the diaphram and when I reassemble the cistern should the washer be where it is shown or should it be underneath the bracket thing? The old parts were rusty so I decided to replace them. However the diagram with the parts shows the washer as this but when I removed the old parts the washer was underneath. Thanks Janice

Janice

have done these then the washer goes on the syphon, syphon through the hole, bracket on, nut on and tighten up.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Hi there is a washer on the siphon inside it was the position of the washer outside. Should it be as the picture? Janice

Reply to
Janice

Yes as your picture then the base of the cistern offers some support to the bracket. When reassembling the cistern to the pan, DO NOT forget the doughnut washer!

HTH

John

Reply to
John