guess who is out of retirement? The toro

The Sears repair guy is coming out to look at the new mower AGAIN, as I told the salesman at the local store, I want to return the unit because I am not happy with it. The sales guy (not a kid) said that is the next step before returning it. (however I suspect this is a stall tactic).

I complained that I am not useing the new lawn tractor because I think it is gonna break again, and that the engine (I think) is running rough. I have since taken the old Toro out and installed a new battery, sharpened and balanced the blade and washed her etc.

At least I know I can hit a ten inch stick with the Toro without totaling it. A link to a pic of the 19 year old Toro, I think the pic speaks to the way I take care of my equipment.

quoted from "Don't laugh to hard the mower got borked first time out"

OK, here is the story. I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade AND the bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches) I think this was a freak accident, but??

The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat. I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the blade enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot weld now (oh and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three hours on the new mower.. ugh When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it started fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine) "no strange noises"

"The Pics"

?pic=5z5n9mt
?pic=4taxzyd
I should bring up with the Sears Guy? thanks

Clark

Reply to
Clark
[...]

I don't believe you. Prove it and take a pic. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Yes I do - even though I am not a fan of rear engine riders - that one is cherry.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Thanks, she needs a new seat though ($52.00 at the Tractor Supply) I'm not a big fan of the rear engine either, but, when I'm mowing I never feel heat from the engine as it's riding behind me. (or breath the exhaust)

Clark

Reply to
Clark

"Clark" ...

Try googling for the seat and you might find it cheap somewhere. I replaced the seat on my JD and found a good one for 2/5 the price that the dealer wanted. Worth a shot. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes