Washer dryers?

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:58:12 -0000, "Bert Coules" strung together this:

You won't get a reliable and robust washer dryer. You'll get one that is better than the others but I would never recommend one if you can avoid it. Bosch or Miele are about the best of the bunch, but I'd go for two seperater machines if at all possible. It'll pay you back in efficiency and reliability.

Reply to
Lurch

Lurch,

Thank you. Space precludes two separate machines.

Bert

Bert Coules

If he didn't smoke he would have lived to 120 and be able to walk more than

500 metres at the age of 65 and over.
Reply to
IMM

An the service costs. I know of one that cost approx £200 to get fixed. It would have been cheaper to go to Argos and buy new Candy (faired well in Which) or Bosch (on offer at the time), and with guarantee. Is it worth getting over engineered products in a throw away society? In many cases it is not.

Reply to
IMM

Then he didn't select his model very wisely. Most of the time they have models with 5 and 10 year warranties, the latter of which far exceeds anything in statute.

But then you have to shop at Argos.........

In this case it is, and more ecologically sound. A win win situation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You don't say......

It wasn't.

Reply to
IMM

Dreadful place.

Over 30 machine years of fault free quality machine running is a compelling reason to me.

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Andy Hall" wrote | > It would have been cheaper to go to Argos ... | But then you have to shop at Argos.........

They have a website. Anyway, the shops are comparatively chav-free now the January sales are over.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It seems to be one of these businesses that can't make up its mind whether it wants to trade on line or from warehouse stores. They don't intend you to contact them by phone because the numbers are well hidden.

I saw people with lurid lime green carrier bags leaving one store, and vowed never to venture in there. There seemed to be a lot of chav products in the window.......

Reply to
Andy Hall

Don't like the chandeliers eh.

Reply to
IMM

Madness. Total madness!

Reply to
IMM

They do have more than their fair share of tat in the window.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

I thought so, which is why I didn't venture inside.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't think I have ever seen an Argos with a window display worth talking about.

Reply to
IMM