Ariston EuroCombi high system pressure ??

Hi all

Done a quick Google search but could not find an answer to this question

Have an Ariston EuroCombi C/H boiler that decided to cut out today. SWmbo called me at work and reported that we had no heating or DHW and that the cut out activated. She also said the pressure guage was reading 3 bar, it does not normally go over 2.5 bar. So told her to turn it off a leave it till I came home.

So cold system pressure was just under 1.5bar. Thats where it is normally set, Fire up the heating and it got up to 3 bar which is unusually high for this boiler.

So before I call out a gas fitter and get ripped off, is there any basic checks I can do to find out what has changed in the system?

Also anyone know where I can download a manual for this boiler. Its about six years old

TIA

Duncan

Reply to
DeeBee

Sounds like your expansion vessel has either failed, or more likely, needs pumping up again. Have a look at the sealed system FAQ for more information:

John Rumm