Converting Trianco boiler from fuel oil to red diesel

I have been told that it is easy to convert from from fuel oil to red diesel. Anyone know what jets need changing, if any, or where i can find out? Thanks in advance...

Reply to
DIYPlumbing

Its easy IF you know what you are doing and you have a combustion analyser and a pressure gauge, to set up the combustion after changing the nozzle. Exactly what size nozzle and fuel pump pressure setting you need will depend on the boiler model and heat output. You should check with Trianco technical department in Sheffield for this information. Please note however that it is not permitted to run a low level or balanced flue boiler on Gas oil (red diesel)

Reply to
John

Here we go again with oil terminology... by "fuel oil" do you mean

28sec heating oil, kerosene, etc? Or what I think of as "fuel oil" the heavy black stuff burn't in commercial sized boilers.

If so why do you want to change? Red attracts a higher duty than 28sec oil and is thus, I believe, a few pence per litre more expensive.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice