Wanted: Free VPN anonymiser

NAT. They use NAT. Network address translation.

Not BIG ISPs mainly MOBILE ISPs.

You get allocated a private IP addres - probably in the 192.168.. range and they translate that to a port on a public ip address.

NAT works becuase there are 64,000 ports available on any originating IP address and since typiucally a computer uses only about half a dozen, you can get around 10,000 computers/mobile phones hiding behind a single IP address. Its very easy to e.g. retyurtn a packket address to PUBLICIP:PUBLICPORT to PRIVATEIP:PRIVATEPORT simply by rewritiung te header. And in the other direction rewriting the sender headers, and storing the mapping in meomorty.

Most desktop users behind a domestic router will be one 'real' IP adress per household with the NAT happening at the router to allow half a dozen plus devices on the home network to use the internet.

It works well and acts as a casual firewall. Only users inside the network can set up a mapping . So outside hackers cannot probe inside your network. YOU have to initiate the conversation.

The trick is to trick you into doing it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have and its still bollocks

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wrong.

Wrong again.

Reply to
87213

I really think your supporting evidence for your assertions is so overwhelming I have to concede the point.

What a Prattus Maxiumus you are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"It has been more and more common that *mobile telephone operators* have changed to CGN for their internet connections to save IPv4 addresses."

"If CGN is in use the router often shows a WAN IP address like

100.xxx.xxx.xxx or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.or *192.xxx.xxx.xxx.*"

Now, f*ck off. And die.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How have you worked out that your IP doesn't change and is on its blacklist?

I am subscribed to my local rag online, but to stop their tiresome weekly email saying their latest edition is out containing highlighted articles, I have blocked their address. Unfortunately this means I don't get their annual request to resubscribe after mine lapses, so I have to do that before I can view the rag again.

Usually sites only accept comments from subscribed users.

Reply to
Dave W

We all swooned at yours.

Reply to
87213

Just because some fool claims something...

Plenty don?t.

Reply to
87213

Whenever I posted a comment to one of their threads, a little box came up next to it stating" awaiting moderation". However, it must have been automatic because if you refreshed the page, my comment vanished.

I then changed my ID and e-mail address, but they sussed me out after a few new posts and then expunged the whole lot.

Reply to
swldxer1958

VPN for Kodi

tetianashpek

I was also recently doing my own research to find VPN for Kodi and discovered a good article on this topic -

. Actually ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN in Industry but as it has no free trial, I cannot check whether they are telling truth. I'm ready to pay more, but I want to know for sure it will provide truly fast data rates.

Reply to
tetianashpek