Wallpapering Question

I papering my lounge at the moment and just wondering about this. All the walls have been papered with lining paper previous, but one wall has been part painted the emulsion. What should I do with this wall?

  1. Emulsion all the wall then paper over the lot
  2. just paper over it.
  3. strip lining off then repaper.

Cheers

TG

Reply to
T G

If you mean that some of the lining paper has been painted over then just hang your new paper over it, assuming you're not hanging a very lightweight, light-coloured paper over a patch of dark-coloured emulsion, in which case paint over the darker paint with white emulsion first or it could show through.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot