Wall sockets for shallow backboxes

I'll agree with that. Box extenders and decor skirts look horrible. Only used in real emergency situations, when all else fails.

Reply to
BigWallop

Handy for flush mount TV outlets where there is not enough room to accommodate the minimum bend radius of CT100 without.

Reply to
John Rumm

You can get one gang shaver depth boxes. Or use a right angle F adaptor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A mis-spelling that makes things ambiguous (at least I *assume* it's a mis-spelling).

".......... left the cables to short?" suggests someone has left bare ends on the wires which might short. Whereas I suspect the intention was "......... left the cables too short?" meaning the cables were not long enough.

Reply to
tinnews

I was mainly talking about when one does not want to change the back box...

The "make your own" F outlet with a blanking plate of your choice and a F type female to female barrel connector is probably the best solution overall, but alas you can not always get blanking plates to match all accessories. The snap in modular ones are not too bad depth wise.

Reply to
John Rumm

There's not many makes of accessories where you can't get matching blank plates - apart from shed etc own brands.

There can be a problem fitting those female to female connectors to plastic plates - the thread isn't long enough for the F connector on the 'back' side. Works fine with metal plates. Unless someone knows of a source of extra long ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. That two. I mean to. No. Sorry. That too. Ah, to hell with it. That as well. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Some of the posh metal ones don't have them either.

I think the ones I got from CPC last time have one side longer than the other - enough to go through a blanking plate at least and leave enough sticking out.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes - those are the ones I've got. But they're not long enough for the average plastic plate - except perhaps if fitting in the middle where there's a recess to take the nut. Elsewhere on the plate there won't be enough thread beyond the backing nut to allow the connector to tighten fully.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Maris