VOIP (Softphone, Donestic)

Hi All,

I used to have an all on my (O2) mobile which allowed Me to make and receive calls which appeared on my BT bill (at the same rate as if I?d used my BTLandline).

Can?t remember what the App was called. And can?t see anything likely starting with BT in the App Store.

Does anyone know if they gave up on this?

And for a bonus point....

What I?d really like to be doing just now, is doing voip calls calls via PC and headset (either on the same low rates (free as I have a BT call plan) or for next to nothing.

Actually, thinking on it, it would only be for inbound calls.

Does anyone offer that at reasonable rates (My employer (NHS) would be picking up the TAB for the calls, so I went to keep the costs down).

Reply to
chrispvholmes

In that case, create a SIP account with any of the many providers out there, and configure a soft phone on the computer to connect to it.

e.g.

Sipgate:

John Rumm

Sipgate Basic to be more precise. I have used 'Linph one' on my laptop. On an Android device there is Csipsimple. You have to google for it as it was not in the Playstore.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Perhaps you had BT SmartTalk? It was terminated over a year ago.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I use Zoiper with Sipgate.

Ordinary geographic numbers for inbound calls, so won't cost the NHS a lot.

But really they should have their own secure SIP infrastructure.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog