Viewsonic VP2365wb

This arrived yesterday - bought on a couple of recommendations here. Had to wait about a month to find one of the lower priced advertisers who actually had one in stock.

And it's very, very, good. So thanks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Give it a few weeks, Dave. I bought a Viewsonic VMP74 streamer in April, it's now with them for repair. I doubt it did 20hrs.

Reply to
brass monkey

My previous monitor was a Viewsonic cheapie bought from CPC and it's been just fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Must be me.

Reply to
brass monkey

A maker like this can sometimes produce one or more decent products while others are rubbish. Unless it's Philips, of course, who can keep the unreliability consistent across a range. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The manual gives a list of 'recommended and supported' resolutions. As it happens, one of them, 1440 x 900, is ideal for most of the things I do. Giving the same say print size as I had on the old smaller monitor

But I can only use this on the ol' Acorn - the driver supplied by Viewsonic on the CD for the PC doesn't include it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On the monitor settings section of the display control panel, have you got the "Hide the modes this monitor cannot display" option checked? Turning that off will add all the common modes to the selection box even if they are not ideal for the display.

(however you will get better results selecting the native 1980 x 1080 and then tweaking the fonts up in size to a comfortable level)

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah - that's found it, thanks. Although why it is hidden when the monitor bumph says it's a supported mode...

Everything looks too small.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well that's why if you go to Display Properties -> desktop, you can tweak each of the elements of the windows display to use fonts etc as you want, and you get to keep the sharp text that comes from using the monitor native resolution.

You can also do Display Properties -> Settigs -> Advanced -> General and change the DPI setting to something closer to that of the monitor instead of the 96 that it defaults to. That will make everything render proportionately larger.

Reply to
John Rumm