very OT, NHS waiting times

No, that should be 'some people working in the NHS...'.

Our experiences have been nothing but good.

I don't think anyone would dispute that, by and large. but IMO this is not the point.

Too many people seem to think that the only way to up output is to throw more people at the job. Then when some people (probably with clipboards) just observed what was going on, they made simple discoveries such as that if you swapped the locations of the lathe and the drill press, then the team could up its output of 3/8th widgets without anyone working longer hours.

I see no reason why the NHS shouldn't be subjected to similar processes.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Another flat earther.

DerekG

Reply to
DerekG

So, it's 'everybody working in the NHS...' and you have all the details of our experiences?

In my case not only the GP, but three different consultants were wrong about my diagnosis, to the extent of informing me that I definitely had lymphoma and cutting me open to put a camera in my chest and do biopsies to establish the grade and stage. It turned out that I actually had sarcoidosis - as my wife had been saying for weeks (and she is "only" a nurse, who has been out of general nursing and in psychology/psychiatry for 20 years!)

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Personally, I've had good experiences with the NHS. I don't see how that makes me a flat earther

Reply to
stuart noble

Just because you had some bad luck doesn't mean that everyone else did. My NHS experience ranges from good to bloody good/excellent. There were the odd failings caused by system ineptitude, but the people involved were superb. I can say the same about the Irish system, too. Otoh, there are plenty here who don't. Luck of the draw, imo.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

T'internet. The last of the consultants formally diagnosed her (she took copious documentation - I waited outside and heard the consultants discussing in the corridor, reading to each other what she had taken in) and then went to a review clinic where about 15 to 20 doctors reviewed her case, pressed, prodded and asked a few questions, and came back unanimously in agreement.

Don't get me wrong, our GP is in many ways a very decent and pleasant chap. And, since he started using GP Notebook and Wiki during consultations, he does seem better informed!

Reply to
polygonum

Did they give any reason why they were off the mark on that diagnoses at all?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Not a word and at the time I was so glad to find out that it wasn't lymphoma that I didn't bother asking why.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I expect you were;!....

Pity this human chassis didn't come with any plug in diagnostics;(...

Reply to
tony sayer